- Come join Kuk Sool Won™, beginners are always
- We are in the ARC's Gym 3. (See schedule)
What is Kuk Sool Won™?
A systematic study of all traditional fighting arts, which
incorporates physical exercise, as well as mental development and
traditional weapons training.
The roots of Kuk Sool Won™ date back to the very beginning of
Korean history, combining elements from Family, Buddist Temple and
Royal Court martial arts traditions. The present Kuk Sool™
system was compiled by Grand Master In Hyuk Suh in 1961. Grand Master
Suh has spent more than fifty years practicing martial arts in order
to learn, master, and organize the more than 3,600 techniques in the
Kuk Sool Won™ syllabus. Grand Master Suh began teaching
students in the United States in 1974.
The World Kuk Sool Association™ now has its headquarters in
Houston, Texas and has 250 member schools in Asia, Europe and the
Americas and continues to grow around the world.
Grandmaster Suh visits the University of Illinois every year to
teach students and certify all black belt instructors in Kuk Sool
Won™ at UIUC.
The Official Kuk Sool Won™ Creed
- As a member of the World Kuk Sool Association, I pledge to obey
the rules of the association and to conduct myself in accordance
with the true spirit of martial art.
- I pledge to be loyal to my country and to promote the
development of a better society.
- I pledge to work together with all classes of people without
regard to politics, race or religion.
- I pledge to strive to promote international goodwill and world
peace through the practice of martial art.